db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plzz help me w.r.t DERBY-2750
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:39:06 GMT
Ravinder Reddy wrote:

>     hi,
>         After working for a long time to reflect some structural changes
> suggested by John and some refinement , for any additional
> suggestions/comments I am sending a small (sample) fixture.
>
>         public void testSchemaName() {
>                 try
>                 {
>                          s.executeUpdate("set schema APP");
>              s.executeUpdate("DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE APP.t2(c21
> int)
> on commit delete rows not logged");
>                                 fail("The qualifier for a declared
> global temporary table name
> must be SESSION");

The first statement needs to be outside the try catch block as you are
not expecting that to fail.

s.executeUpdate("set schema APP");
try
{
   s.executeUpdate("428EK"

etc.

Then there are utility methods for asserting a statement is expected to
fail. See the various assert methods in BaseJDBCTestCase. Thus the code
can be simply re-written as:

s.executeUpdate("set schema APP");
assertStatementError("428EK", s, "DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE
APP.t2(c21 int) on commit delete rows not logged");

The javadoc for assertStatementError says the sql is a query but it
actually supports any SQL statement.

HTH,
Dan.