db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subselect Performance Problem
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:59:58 GMT
Francisco Trindade wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> I´ve downloaded derby 10.3.1 and executed the query, but unfortnuately
> its still taking a lot of time (20 secs). I wanted to send the query
> plan in this mail, but its currently being written in portuguese.
> Does anybody know how to change the default language debry its using
> to write the query plan?
>
> Thanks,
> Francisco
>
> Bryan Pendleton escreveu:
>>> pesagens1_.PESAGEM_ID=pesagem2_.PESAGEM_ID where (animal0_.ANIMAL_ID in
>>> ( ... 800 ids ...))
>>
>> Quite possibly, you are being affected by DERBY-47:
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-47
>>
>> Since we believe that this problem has been fixed in Derby 10.3,
>> it would be wonderful if you could download the DERBY 10.3 beta
>> release from http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease
>> and give it a try to see how it affects your query.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> bryan
>>
>> P.S. Myrna, I noticed that it was a bit hard to find a good
>>      hyperlink to the beta release. Perhaps you could put a
>>      link to the 10.3 beta on http://db.apache.org/derby/
>>      and/or http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html
>>      as those would be natural places to look?  Or are we
>>      not supposed to do that because it's still a beta release?

Hi -

The 10.1 docs it says the following - it sounds like you might have to
recreate the database?

    * /Database territory/

      This is the territory associated with your database when it is
      created. By default, this is the same as the java system locale
      <http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cscv/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.cloudscape.doc/ctools1004764.html#ctools1004764__rtoolsijtools91283>.
      The database territory determines the language of database errors.

  Database territory

To specify a database territory, use the /territory/ attribute on the
URL connection when creating the database.
Note: You cannot modify a database's territory after the database has
been created.

For information about database territories, see the Internationalization
appendix in the /Derby Developer's Guide/.