db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Henri van de Scheur <Henri.Vandesch...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3.1.1 voting & testing from July 9 - July 13.
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:06:20 GMT
Hi Myrna!

I think it was a good idea to try an earlier closing date, but I am
worried for the distribution date. Would it be possible to create a new
10.3.1.1-distribution on the 5th of July?
When 10.3.1.1 will be created the 9th of July, we will probably not
start testing before the 10th of July, due to our different timezones.
We then have less than 4 days left for testing, reporting, concluding
and voting. The latter probably happening on Friday the 13th of July
(urgh!... bad sign?). When your timezone then evaluates our postings,
the chance is big that communication no longer is possible, because our
weekend has started.....
I will not state the timeframe you propose is impossible - we will do
our best to make it - but I think it contains a bigger risk.

Thanks!

Henri

--

With regards,

Henri van de Scheur, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway