db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3.1.0 beta ready for testing
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:08:57 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 6/22/07, Henri van de Scheur <Henri.Vandescheur@sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi Myrna!
>>
>> I started testing Monday-evening, and testing itself is almost finished.
>> Analysis and reporting will take some more time, so I am afraid I
>> will not
>> be able to report anything before coming Tuesday. So sorry for this.
>> But now
>> you at least know your first release is being worked on....
>>
>> Henri
>>

> Thx for letting me/the list know, Henri!
> I can tell people are busy with buddy testing too...
> Next week I'll start asking about what issues defintely should be
> going into 10.3.1.1...
>
> Also, I need to tell everyone that I can only be the release manager
> until July 24, after that, I will be 'incommunicado'.
> As it seems to me at this point, we should be OK with the schedule I
> put on :
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease#head-b0d4c2f51fa87693ab17aa99eac096abbe0bd707

> So, on July 5, there'll be no further commits to the 10.3 branch, and
> that weekend I'll make the release candidate. Then we have 2 weeks for
> testing and voting, which makes it to July 23 for putting the release
> out.
>
> Still, just in case, is there anyone willing to take over in case
> things are not complete by then?
>
> Myrna
Hi Myrna,

If the release isn't cooked by July 23, then we will have to be
creative. Probably Andrew and I can share the remaining work--but we'll
have to operate as a tag-team. For instance, during the week of July
23rd, I'll be on the road and therefore not very helpful.

Is it possible that we could pull in the release dates a couple days or
even a week?

Regards,
-Rick