db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jira...Release Note Needed & Existing Application Impact
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:00:17 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been struggling with the semantics/use/purpose of the flags, in
> particular 'Existing Application Impact' and 'Release Note Needed'...

I'm a bit lost on these two too!

On a Jira issue I worked on, requiring a release note, I first didn't
tick any of them because it was not clear that it needed a release note.

When this was determined, I ticked the "Release Note Needed" and when
the release note was done, I was adviced to untick the "Release Note
Needed" and tick "Existing Application Impact".

I did as described above, but noticed that the "Release Note Needed" was
later ticked again by someone else, possibly because the release note
generator did not pick it up or something.

Does anyone have an answer for me on this one?
Based on the descriptions below, I believe the process described is
incorrect and that "Release Note Needed" should stay ticked.

thanks,
--
Kristian