db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "John H. Embretsen" <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running junit tests with n/w server on a different machine other than the localhost
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:39:24 GMT
Manjula Kutty wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a way to give the hostname other than the localhost for the
> junit tests? If is it given in the java file can I edit that file and
> then run the junit tests on a client machine and the server is started
> on another machine?

I believe you are asking for a solution to DERBY-1973:

Support running JUnit tests directly with a remote server

A first step would probably have to be to have the client tests run
against an already running server on the remote host. Having the server
start automatically on a remote host requires a bit more of an effort.

--
John