db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: no release notes for DERBY-2330 and 2331?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:26:14 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> I noticed DERBY-2330 and 2331 are both marked with 'Existing
> application impact' and both have had code committed.
>
> I understood that anything that has existing application impact also
> needs a release note.
> But neither of these has a release note.
>
> Is that not needed in these cases?

I didn't think it was worth a release note in these cases. Basically
they are closing security holes by disallowing code in installed jars
calling Derby's internal methods. Since none of the internal code is
part of the public api there is no change in intended functionality.

> Also, is the functionality of DERBY-2331 finished? It was almost the
> last check-in before I cut the 10.3 branch, but the bug is still
> open...

I was adding one a test case that I didn't manage by the deadline. I was
going to close the bug once the test case made it into trunk & 10.3 branch.

Dan.