db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: what's up with the 10.3 release files?
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:30:34 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> Well, I'm struggling with the release notes generation.
>> I'm encountering a strange error: [generateReleaseNotes] [Fatal Error]
>> :1:63: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
>> [generateReleaseNotes] Unable to read or parse release note for
>> DERBY-2729: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White spaces are required
>> between publicId and systemId.
>> (Note, my xml file does not appear to have either publicId nor systemId).

> I have scrubbed DERBY-2729's release note so that it survives the SAX
> parser. Now I'm on to errors in the release note for DERBY-2443. I'll
> let you know when the release notes are clean.

This highlights a problem with the release notes process. The input is
HTML but they are then processed with an XML tool. Since HTML is not XML
we will hit this problem with many release notes. Any change folks make
to a release note has the potential to break the generation, even if
they are using valid HTML as expected.

Dan.