db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Daily and milestone builds (was Re: JNLP storage factory & experimental modules)
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:46:40 GMT
Sounds good to me, but I didn't understand the apache mandate.  I think
we are pretty well set up to do this safely already with jars from the
trunk as they are always have build numbers, and are marked as alpha
with all the upgrade safety checking.

Under the apache rules can we define a trunk milestone release, which
is something like an alpha?  Some small process is probably reasonable
so that someone can take a look at the set of tests we already run
and decide or not to "release" it.   It would be nice to be able to
point a user at a set of alpha jars that has a recent bug fix to allow
them to verify it before it goes into a real release.