db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: plzz help me
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:15:09 GMT
Ravinder Reddy wrote:

>     Thank You Dan for your valuable comments/suggestions.
>      Upon careful Observation of Existing JUnit tests I came to know that
>  many tests are using SQLState for asserting.For this we should know
> the SQLState codes to compare with the Expected SQLState code in any
> assertion.
> n e way From where can I get The List of SQLState codes.

Typically the canon (the .out file in the master directory( has the
expected SQLStates, but I see for master/declareGlobalTempTableJava.out
that is not the case.  One option is to change  the test to print out
the SQLState  of the exception so you can see what it is.

SQLStates are listed here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefexcept71493.html

But I think the test does not even print out the exception text so it
would be hard to reconstruct what exception is expected from that list.

Kathey