db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JNLP storage factory & experimental modules
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:28:29 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:
> +1, I agree it's just too tight for 10.3.
>
> I'd like your response to my proposal for the experimental directory;
> right now I'm moving forward with it (for checkin to the trunk *after*
> we branch for 10.3).

I thought we had one already, it's called trunk. :-)

> The one thing I want to see is making our daily builds available for
> download so that people can play with our stuff (or is that already
> available and I don't know about it?)

Daily builds are available though not directly from the ASF, but from
groups (well at least one) who chose to them available. Anyone could do
this if they so desire.

Recently there was some effort at removing visibility to users of
non-release builds from ASF infrastructure, to ensure that users were
picking up official ASF releases. There seemed to be some confusion as
to why but it did seem to be a mandate from the board. You may want to
look in the archives for real details as I could be wrong (maybe
infrastructure and derby-dev within the last 9 months?)

Dan.