db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Making a patch
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:43:59 GMT
Ravinder Reddy wrote:

>     hi,
>          I am converting the declareGlobalTempTableJava.java to junit.
>     Now I want to Submit my  first patch. How to create a patch.I have
> checked out
>     the source (trunk) using eclipse when I build derby.can we create
>     a patch using eclipse.?

I usually do it from the commandline. From the top of the source tree type :

svn diff > derby-xxxx_diff.txt and also
svn stat > derby-xxxx_diff.txt

where xxxx is the JIRA issue for converting the test (which you should
create if you haven't already).
Attach these files to the Jira Issue along with a description of your
patch and what tests you ran.
Check the 'Patch Available' box so folks know your patch is ready for
review.

see
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/PatchAdvice
for more advice on patches.

Kathey

Note:With the svn plugin for eclipse I see an option Team-> Create Patch
option but I have never tried it and I don't see how to get the svn stat
output from within eclipse.