db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "UndocumentedDerbyBehavior" by KatheyMarsden
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:53:24 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Is there a reason why this is/can not get documented in the manuals?

I am only speculating as I was not involved in the original change, but
I wonder if it is because System properties are not the ideal solution
because they cannot be separated when being used across ClassLoaders.
Previously derby.system.home was the only system property  we really had
to worry about.  Adding new system properties potentially complicates
the issue further.  See DERBY-1228 for concerns about
derby.system.home.  So I am guessing there was concern over creating a
public interface that introduced more system properties.

Kathey