db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Just how more secure is (will be) 10.3 than 10.2?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 15:24:03 GMT

> We should rather claim that 10.3 has "more security features" than
> 10.2 and that more of them are enabled by default.

I like this wording. If the word "safer" is going to be misleading, then
the 10.3 release notes should avoid it.

>>> I certainly think that any documentation or discussion should not imply
>>> in any way that 10.3 out of the box is a secure system.

I agree.

Thanks to Dan for the analysis of the use-cases addressed (and not
addressed) by the 10.3 security work. Thanks to John, Bernt, and
Kristian for the additional feedback.

Regards,
-Rick