db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: !!!...Using Eclipse to build Derby...!!!
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:00:23 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 6/2/07, Life Challenge <life.c3@gmail.com> wrote:

>> derby
>> > >
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby#head-0c0abaf557bc2cfe0efdbdd9a6098de1db0f6bb2

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/
>> taking

[snip]

>> > Try again and if it still fails, try a smaller request and see if that
>> > works:
>> >
>> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk

[snip]

> Also, I definitely urge you to *not* co the full .../derby/code, but
> start with .../derby/code/trunk.
> If you start with ../derby/code, you get all older branches and it's
> probably more than you'd want at first.

I agree, but I think this works a bit differently via Eclipse and NetBeans.
According to the wiki instructions for Eclipse, you can:

"Right-click on 'trunk' or expand the branches directory and right-click on a
branch name and choose Checkout.... Check out the project using the New Project
Wizard, so click Finish without changing anything."

I have not tried this in Eclipse, but I don't think the full contents of the
repository will be downloaded until you select checkout.

In NetBeans, I think the subversion module first downloads the directory tree
based on the URL specified. Then, you can select which sub-section of the
repository to actually check out.

--
John