db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't upgrade from 10.1 to 10.3
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:51:08 GMT
Am I missing something?  Has anyone successfully done the following
upgrade?: I am not able to perform a hard upgrade from 10.1 to 10.3 [am
setting the ...PreReleaseUpgrade=true and using alpha -
(543348)].  When I attempt to hard upgrade a 10.1 DB that requires
authentication and has three valid users none of the logons are allowed
to upgrade.  The error is:
ij version 10.3
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:tstDB;upgrade=true;user=stan;password=xyzzy1';
ERROR 08004: User 'STAN' cannot hard upgrade database 'tstDB'. Only the
database owner can perform this operation.

If  I execute the connect command  a second time in the same IJ session
I am allowed in but with a Soft Upgrade (even though the URL specifies

View raw message