db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AuthenticationTest failures are mine - I'm looking into it.
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:11:11 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> I seemed to have caused some errors in AuthenticationTest. I swear it
>> was passing before the commit but then started to fail. :-(
>
> It's actually 543266 that causes the failures. I think that the issue is
> fetching a schema to get a collation when that schema doesn't exist yet.
> No idea what the collation should be at that point!! The authentication
> test hits this because (I think) it prepares a statement with a
> character parameter marker for a procedure call for a user where its
> default schema doesn't exist. Though I'm not sure why the parameter
> needs its collation from the current schema, because the parameter
> marker should take the type of the procedure parameter.

I think this is now fixed with:

Author: djd
Date: Fri Jun  1 08:02:38 2007
New Revision: 543499

Log:
Change ValueNode.setCollationUsingCompilationSchema() to use the
getSchemaDescriptor() method
that does not fail if the schema does not exist, e.g. when preparing
statements the current
user's schema and that schema does not exist. Fixes the failures in
AuthenticationTest.

Dan.