db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject JNLP storage factory & experimental modules
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:47:03 GMT
I have observed the mailings and comments wrt. checking in the JNLP
stuff (DERBY-2469) for 10.3, possibly as an "experimental module". I
oppose that for the following reasons:

1) It's not tested enough.

2) We have no procedures for experimental modules. We should not
   device such a thing so close to the 10.3 release. But it might be a
   good idea to discuss the need for experimental modules *after* 10.3
   and in good time *before* 10.4.

3) Since Derby is open source, anyone who whish to experiment with
   this, may check out the trunk and apply the patch (that's the
   beauty of open source, no need for binary experimentals).

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway