db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Jesus" <paulsch...@gmail.com>
Subject limit # rows
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 17:13:08 GMT
I´m making some testes on derby ver 10.2.2.0, Network Server
framework, with a tpc-w client software.
I have a query  "SELECT o_id-10000 FROM orders"   that returns 129600
lines. But i only need one line.

I can make
	Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
	stmt.setMaxRows(1);
at the application i can get one row, but i would need to make some
effect on server.
I have tested with and without setMaxRows() function but the results i
   got make understand that limit is make by the driver after the
query execution.
This can make a big difference on execution performance, but i didn't
find references on it.

Is this implemented?  How can i improve this type of query?  This is a
simple query, without any 'order by'.
Sorry to be asking again, every posts i saw didn't answer to this problem.

PJ