db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible missing collation info for DVDs?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 21:23:52 GMT
I looked at CharConstantNode. The correct collation setting happens at bind
time for this node and at the same time, we use that collation to see if we
need to switch from SQLxxx to CollatorSQLxxx. This code is in
CharConstantNode.bindExpression(). I guess this could be done at init time
where you see the 2 calls to DataValueFactory.getCharDataValue(String), but
I think it doesn't matter whether the correct witch from SQLxxx to
CollatorSQLxxx happens at init time or bind time.

As for the ResultColumn, I need to spend little more time on it.

thanks,
Mamta