db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUnit Conversion Question
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 17:04:42 GMT
On 5/22/07, Ramin Moazeni <rmoazeni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> As part of working of Junit test conversion, I added one of the
> sample junit tests to derby src which does nothing important.
> I ran "ant all" without any errors.
>
> The test can be run successfully as a standalone tests:
> [ramin@localhost trunk]$ java junit.textui.TestRunner
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.FirstJUnitTest
> .
> Time: 0.01
>
> OK (1 test)
>
> However, the derbyall test fails:
> derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/FirstJUnitTest.java
> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/FirstJUnitTest.java
>
> I modified:
> * java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\suites\jdbcapi.runall
> and added jdbcapi/FirstJUnitTest.java
>
> I have to yet run suites.All test.
>
> Did I miss anything here?
>
> Thanks,
> Ramin

Hi Ramin,

In the 'old' test harness we would add junit tests into a suite with
extension 'junit'.

But, don't even go there; we - the developer community - have decided
not to put any more effort into improving the 'old' test harness and
instead to move toward pure junit testing.

So, you just need to add your tests to the list in the appropriate
_Suite class (e.g.
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi._Suite.java).

For the time being, we all need to run derbyall using the old test
harness, and suites.All using the junit framework.

Myrna