db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test Results
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 00:13:14 GMT
On 5/10/07, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Ramin Moazeni wrote:
> > In the report, I noticed that there are 13 suites skipped
> > and no tests were run:
> > Summary results:
> [snip...]
> > Java classpath:  /home/rm145956/opensource/derby/trunk/classes:/home/rm145956/opensource/derby/trunk/tools/java/junit.jar
> >
> Hi Ramin,
>
> I don't think this would cause the tests to be skipped, but  I also have
> jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar and
> osgi.jar in my classpath. osgi is optional but I think jakarta-oro is
> required to run tests.  You can get it from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_oro.cgi
>
> Kathey

Actually, if jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar is missing, but nothing else, you'd
get errors on some tests, because it's used when comparing the out
with the master files.

I would suspect that you don't actually have all classes built. The
fact that you *can* run RunSuite is contradicting though.

I wonder if more useful information might be available in
derbyall.sum? Or derbyall_diff.txt?
And what does the directory structure under derbyall look like - are
there any subdirectories?
Also, it would be interesting to verify that you have (lots of) files
under your classes/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/
directories...

Then, I wonder what you see if you attempt to run one test, for example,
java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest lang/delete.sql
?

Myrna