db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mike Matrigali (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-2703) calling DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with % for matching column character in a territory based collated db does not work in 1.4.2 jvms
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 03:54:16 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2703?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Mike Matrigali updated DERBY-2703:
----------------------------------

          Component/s: SQL
          Description: 
calling DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(null, "APP", "CUSTOMER", "%") returns no rows for a valid
APP.CUSTOMER table
in ibm142 and sun142 jvms, for databases created with territory based collation, fails in
all 3 cases we test in the 
CollationTest2.java junit test.

Since this is a system catalog query I am surprised the result is affected at all by collation,
so there may be a derby bug 
in the metadata routines, or elsewhere.  Mamta, could you comment if you believe this should
work already - or if there
is more work to do in this area.

I will soon checkin a test case into the CollationTest2.java unit test that shows this.  For
now I will either comment out the
entire test, or if I can figure out how to not run it on 142 I will do that.
          Environment: have reproduced on ibm142 and sun142 jvms
    Affects Version/s: 10.3.0.0

> calling DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with % for matching column character in a territory
based collated db does not work in 1.4.2 jvms
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-2703
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2703
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: SQL
>    Affects Versions: 10.3.0.0
>         Environment: have reproduced on ibm142 and sun142 jvms
>            Reporter: Mike Matrigali
>
> calling DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(null, "APP", "CUSTOMER", "%") returns no rows for
a valid APP.CUSTOMER table
> in ibm142 and sun142 jvms, for databases created with territory based collation, fails
in all 3 cases we test in the 
> CollationTest2.java junit test.
> Since this is a system catalog query I am surprised the result is affected at all by
collation, so there may be a derby bug 
> in the metadata routines, or elsewhere.  Mamta, could you comment if you believe this
should work already - or if there
> is more work to do in this area.
> I will soon checkin a test case into the CollationTest2.java unit test that shows this.
 For now I will either comment out the
> entire test, or if I can figure out how to not run it on 142 I will do that.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message