db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Manjula Kutty" <manjula.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on scripts to start the networkServer
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 22:54:36 GMT
I was trying the scrips under the bin directory and when I ran the
startnetworkserver.ksh I got an error message like this

"Network Server startup failed. User authentication should be enabled before
the
Network Server installs a security manager. Please either set the '
derby.connect
ion.requireAuthentication' system property to true or run the network server
wit
h the '-noSecurityManager' option."

I know that the preffered way is to give authentication properties in the
derby.properties for the server and it is documented too...But I think any
user will bump in to this

So is it good to give the -nosecurityManager option in the script? Or make a
comment to create a derby.properties? Please let me know your suggestion.

--
Thanks,
Manjula.