db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r543183 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java: engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/compile/UnaryOperatorNode.java testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/CollationTest.java
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 21:34:36 GMT
Army wrote:
> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>>
>> OK, so if we did some kind of reflection trick in SqlXmlUtil to use the
>> com.sun.org.apache.xalan package if org.apache.xalan wasn't there, that
>> would probably work.
>
> Hmm...would this me we were coding Derby for a specific JVM (or set of
> JVMs)? Is that a precedence we really want to set?

No. I think Sun states for their VM that applications should not use
classes in the com.sun domain. Even worse come Java 7 there's a chance
that using such a class could trigger GPL (depends on details of the
classpath exception which I haven't looked at).

I thought there were standard apis to the Xpath engine or is that just
for the XML parser?

Dan.