db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r543183 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java: engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/compile/UnaryOperatorNode.java testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/CollationTest.java
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 17:09:48 GMT
mamta@apache.org wrote:
> +
> +      s.executeUpdate("set schema APP");
> +      checkLangBasedQuery(s, "SELECT XMLSERIALIZE(x as CHAR(10)) " +
> +    		" FROM xmlTable, SYS.SYSTABLES WHERE " +
> +			" XMLSERIALIZE(x as CHAR(10)) = TABLENAME",
> +      		null);

Just for the record, I think use of XMLSERIALIZE here will fail if the test
classpath does not include the required Xalan/JAXP classes (ex. Sun jdk15 with
no external XML jars).  It might be good to wrap this particular test inside of an

     if (XML.classpathMeetsXMLReqs())

where "XML" is junit/XML.java.  I think that's all that would be needed, though
I haven't actually tried it out...

Army