db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: norway specific failure in CollationTest2
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 06:44:31 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> Thanks, in my file what I am seeing is an 'o' with a tail on top-right
> Is that a valid norwegian character, and if so what is the
> proper unicode escape for it and where is it expected to sort with
> regard to aa.

That is not a Norwegian character.  I am not an expert on this, but I
would think one reason for seeing a different character could be that
the character set (I am not sure that is the right word) of the program
you use to look at the file.  If that is something else than Latin-1, I
guess you may see a different character.

--
Øystein
(first letter is O with slash)