db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: norway specific failure in CollationTest2
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 22:47:48 GMT


Michelle Caisse wrote:
> For a quick response, in Norwegian, a sequence of two 'a' characters is 
> equivalent to a single 'a'-with-a-circle-on-top character. Maybe someone 
> who both knows more about Norwegian and character sets can confirm  later.
> 
> -- Michelle
Thanks, in my file what I am seeing is an 'o' with a tail on top-right
Is that a valid norwegian character, and if so what is the
proper unicode escape for it and where is it expected to sort with 
regard to aa.

> 
> Mike Matrigali wrote:
> 
>> I'll try to figure out what is going on with the CollationTest2 test.
>> I am not seeing it in my environment, and it does not seem to have
>> shown up in any of the publically posted nightly regression tests.
>>
>> Can someone from Norway help, is it possible that 2 strings used in
>> the test, are to be treated as equal in Norway?:
>> "Wσgan" "Waagan"
>>
>> The first string contains an unfamilar character (to my english 
>> environment - I am not sure my mailer will even handle it correctly) 
>> as it's second letter, and I am wondering if I should have used a 
>> unicode escape for the data
>> instead.  See the data string in the runDerby2670()routine of the
>> CollationTest2 test.
>>
>> Is there a chance that in norway aa is supposed to be treated
>> as equal to the second letter in the first string listed?  If so then
>> either order may be right, and the test is incorrectly testing for
>> one order or the other.
>>
>> I tried to take the data from a donated test case and put it into
>> the junit test.  It could be I messed something up on my side dealing
>> with a non english character in some step of the way (file handling, 
>> code sets, editor, ...).
>>
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>
>>> Julius Stroffek wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>
>>>> When I ran junit tests now for trunk I get 17 errors and 70 failures of
>>>> many different kinds.
>>>>
>>>> My junit console output with exceptions thrown is attached. Probably it
>>>> is something wrong with my test environment or so, but I have no idea
>>>> what happened. Are there any issues with upgrade tests due to a new
>>>> release? Probably this is not the case since these tests does not fail
>>>> in daily and tinderbox test runs.
>>>>
>>>> I always delete the contents of the current directory where I run tests
>>>> (which ends using as derby.system.home). I tried to checkout the source
>>>> again and start from a scratch but it does not helped.
>>>>
>>>> I run junit throught suites.All.
>>>>   
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi Julo,
>>>
>>> I saw tons of upgrade errors in tests which I ran yesterday. Those 
>>> errors disappeared after I synced my client to the mainline this 
>>> morning. Now I am seeing the error which you are seeing in 
>>> CollationTest2. Otherwise, the tests run cleanly for me.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> -Rick
>>>
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message