db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject norway specific failure in CollationTest2
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 22:03:04 GMT
I'll try to figure out what is going on with the CollationTest2 test.
I am not seeing it in my environment, and it does not seem to have
shown up in any of the publically posted nightly regression tests.

Can someone from Norway help, is it possible that 2 strings used in
the test, are to be treated as equal in Norway?:
"Wσgan" "Waagan"

The first string contains an unfamilar character (to my english
environment - I am not sure my mailer will even handle it correctly) as
it's second letter, and I am wondering if I should have used a unicode
escape for the data
instead.  See the data string in the runDerby2670()routine of the
CollationTest2 test.

Is there a chance that in norway aa is supposed to be treated
as equal to the second letter in the first string listed?  If so then
either order may be right, and the test is incorrectly testing for
one order or the other.

I tried to take the data from a donated test case and put it into
the junit test.  It could be I messed something up on my side dealing
with a non english character in some step of the way (file handling,
code sets, editor, ...).