db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3 Concern: Need to make DBO restrictions [Derby-2264] optional at upgrade
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 13:26:08 GMT
Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:

>> Maybe the thread "Q: Should Derby 10.3 be Derby 11?" raised by Bernt is
>> what people are thinking of......
>>

> The thread is here:
> http://www.nabble.com/Q:-Should-Derby-10.3-be-Derby-11--tf3260195.html

I have reviewed this email thread. It is largely a discussion about how
compatibility issues affect release names. It includes some discussion
about the secure-server work (DERBY-2196). It does not have much to say
about DERBY-2264. The discussion motivated us to document the
incompatibilities introduced by DERBY-2196 and DERBY-2264--we described
those incompatibilities at the end of the 10.3 release page:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease

I don't see much discussion of DBO powers here.

Regards,
-Rick