db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.3 Concern: Need to make DBO restrictions [Derby-2264] optional at upgrade
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 16:59:20 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
>     - postpose the 10.3 release and change the semantics to something
>       else (tie enforcement to sqlAuthorization, introduce new
>       property to turn this checking off (default on) or vice versa)

I vote for this one. Default off for embedded.  I am sorry I did not
look closely enough at this one and consider the scope of impact. If
database shutdown for every deployed embedded database in the world has
to be the database owner,  I fear it would have a large impact.  I think
it would be ok for the default to be on for  network server if it is
possible to differentiate.

Kathey