db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From V.Naraya...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: 10.3 release coming up...fast!
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 11:23:48 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We have now about 7 days before the code complete date of 6/1/07!
>
> I now want to talk about 3 things:
>
> 1. code complete 6/1
> 2. regression bugs
> 3. release testing
>
> 1. code complete 6/1
> ================
> For those of you who plan to have functionality fixed/completed in
> 10.3, please analyze your progress, and let me know if you think you
> will not make that date.
> There are a few issues listed on the DerbyTenThreeRelease page that I
> think it would make sense to possibly hold the release up for a couple
> of days. Those are the ones listed as Big Features on
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease.
>
> I went over the Small features and Non-functional improvements, and by
> no means all are completed; yet changes have gone in. Does anyone have
> a suggestion on how to handle this in release notes?
>
> Then, the following bugs are marked for 10.3:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311516

> Looking over this list, I'm convinced not everyone will make it. In
> fact, 5 items are still unassigned...Although it seems a few of those
> are actively being worked on.
> Please, everyone, look over the list and if
> a. you see an issue you are working on and think will be fixed in
> 10.3, assign yourself
> b.  you see an issue that you are assigned to and working on but will
> *not* finish by 10.3, please remove the fix version.
> c. you see an issue you are assigned to but are not working on,
> unassign yourself.
>
> If you have an item that is *not* on this list but you think needs to
> be fixed in 10.3 and/or will be done by 6/1, please mark it 10.3 fix
> version now.
>
> 2. regression bugs
> ==============
> The following regression bugs are logged against 10.3 at this point.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311726

> There are currently none marked as blockers; please go over the list
> and if any of these look like a blocker for 10.3, please increase the
> priority.
>
> 3. release testing
> =============
> I've created a buddy testing page patterned after the 10.2 buddy
> testing page.:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenThreeBuddyTesting
> Please sign up for buddy testing tasks.
>
> In the next week I will make a platform testing page patterned after
> the 10.2 page...
>
> Thx,
> Myrna

Hi

I see June 1st as an attainable deadline.

I am working on 2604 and had the following tasks in hand related to this
patch

1) Enabling Clob Locator support
2) Running Tests and fixing the failures encountered
3) Re-running tests to ensure no more failures

I am done with 1) and 2) (Since I have fixed the test failures, I am
hoping 3) is fine too).
I am getting the patches to be review and commit worthy.

Thank you for keeping track of this and sending this reminder mail.

Narayanan