db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Regression Test Report - tinderbox_trunk16 540926 - Sun DBTG
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 18:50:30 GMT
Unfortunately failures in the multi run can't be diagnosed at all from
the diff that they produce.  Can you post a zip of the results of that
test to a new JIRA entry?  Often the actual problem can only be
diagnosed either from the
derby.log or the client log of the test.

I believe we have seen a number of regressions in the multi tests, maybe
before we make a release we should analyze these.  There have been a
number of changes in 10.3 to change latches and remove use of
synchronization on a data structures where it looked like it was not
needed.  If there were any bugs in these changes they are likely only
to show up in multi-user testing and we don't have much multi-user
testing in the nightly regression suite.  This test happens to be
one of them.

If anyone has a free machine, or free cycles overnight it might be
interesting to run this test over and over again and let the list know
how many times it fails.

Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM wrote:
> [Auto-generated mail]
> *tinderbox_trunk16* 540926/2007-05-23 13:22:47 CEST
> Failed  Tests    OK  Skip  Duration       Suite
> *Jvm: 1.6*
>   SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386
>     1    310    309     0   257.95%     derbyall
>     0    8054    8054     0   1532.26%     org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All
>   Details in      http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/testSummary-540926.html

>   Attempted failure analysis in
>                   http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk16/jvm1.6/FailReports/540926_bySig.html

> Changes in      http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk16/UpdateInfo/540926.txt