db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jørgen Løland <Jorgen.Lol...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: query for Primary Key Columns
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 07:10:18 GMT
Hi Ollie,

I think you have to use a stored procedure to get the primary key. The
call to this stored procedure would be:

Since there are no catalogs in Derby, the following stored procedure
call would provide you with the pk information:

call sysibm.sqlprimarykeys(null,'<schemaname>','<tablename>','');

Alternatively, if you use JDBC to access the database, I would recommend
  you to have a look at the getPrimaryKeys method in DatabaseMetadata.

P.S. Questions like these would normally go to the derby-user mailing list.