db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Status of encodingTests
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 14:57:25 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> What is the current status of encodingTests in the old test suite?
>> DERBY-2568 mentions that it has been reported to be invalid.
>
> I think there are strong arguments for removing the entire suite. It has
> also been discussed in DERBY-2446.
>
>> The reason I ask is that when I run with locators for Blob, derbyall
>> fails in TestPreparedStatementMethods.  This test has been converted
>> to JUnit and called PreparedStatementTest.  I assume the reason it is
>> still run in the old harness is the encoding tests.  In order to get
>> derbyall to run without failures with locators, I would have to fix
>> the same issues that I have already fixed for PreparedStatementTest.
>> That would be a waste of time if the encoding tests are not valid.
>
> Is it still part of the encodingTests suite? derbynet/TestEnc.java is
> the only test mentioned in encodingTests.runall.

You are right.  My conclusions were wrong.  It turns out the test is run
in the ordinary jdbc40 suite.  This suite is still run (both embedded
and client) even if it seems all its tests have been converted to JUnit.
  I will file a JIRA for removing them.  Please, tell me if there is a
good reason for still running them in the old test framework.

--
Øystein