db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Status of encodingTests
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 13:14:41 GMT
What is the current status of encodingTests in the old test suite?
DERBY-2568 mentions that it has been reported to be invalid.

The reason I ask is that when I run with locators for Blob, derbyall
fails in TestPreparedStatementMethods.  This test has been converted to
JUnit and called PreparedStatementTest.  I assume the reason it is still
run in the old harness is the encoding tests.  In order to get derbyall
to run without failures with locators, I would have to fix the same
issues that I have already fixed for PreparedStatementTest.  That would
be a waste of time if the encoding tests are not valid.

I guess I have three options:

1. Fix Blob lifespan issues in TestPreparedStatementMethods, and
continue with two versions of the same test.
2. Disable TestPreparedStatementMethods (similar to what is done for
LobStreamsTest in DERBY-2568).
3. Find some way that the Junit test PreparedStatementTest can be used
for the encoding test, instead.

Since I am getting short on time wrt code freeze, I am tempted to go
with the 2nd alternative. Objections?

--
Øystein