db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on a DerbyHelpWanted wiki page
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 00:01:22 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> Would it get used?
>>>
>> I don't know, but I think it would have made several encounters with
>> anxious users looking for a fix more productive and pleasant if I
>> could have pointed them to such a page rather than just saying "vote
>> and wait or fix it yourself".
>
> It doesn't sound as though such a page is helping grow the community
> whereas encouraging users to get involved is.
>
> As another issue, though it's probably not a problem, you may want to
> ensure that such a page would not endanger the foundation's 501(c)
> non-profit status.

Heh, I kind of misunderstood Kathy's initial post, not reading closely
the ***enclosed portion*** at the end of the line:

> It might encourage more freelance activity around Derby ***and it would be  another option
for users trying to get a fix***.

This might be obvious to everyone, but just remember that all Derby
project decisions must be made on-list. So, if somebody did make
arrangements off-line to have their favorite bug fixed, discussions
about that specific fix should be on derby-dev.

 -jean