db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Thoughts on a DerbyHelpWanted wiki page
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 23:59:50 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> It doesn't sound as though such a page is helping grow the community
> whereas encouraging users to get involved is.

I disagree.  We would of course still encourage users to get involved,
but if they think the change is over their heads, it provides a way for
them to hook up with someone who  could fix it for them.  I think it
would encourage more independents to stay with the community.

> As another issue, though it's probably not a problem, you may want to
> ensure that such a page would not endanger the foundation's 501(c)
> non-profit status.

That's a good  point. I don't want to mess with that.

Kathey