db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Stroffek <Julius.Strof...@Sun.COM>
Subject DRDA help needed
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 09:35:11 GMT
I am working on implementing a XA transaction timeout for client driver
in DERBY-2509
which should behave the same way as described in comments of DERBY-2508.

XAResource interface has functions set/getTransactionTimeout which
provides the only interface to the application to manage the timeout
value. DRDA protocol does not have terms which might be used for this
but timeout for xa transaction might be present in a SYNCCTL term when
starting a new unit of work. It's ok to remember the timeout in the
client driver and send it to server every time XAResource.start function
is called with TMNOFLAGS.

However, the javadoc on XAResource.getTransactionTimeout
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/transaction/xa/XAResource.html#getTransactionTimeout()
requires that when the function is called before any call to
setTransactionTimeout it should return the default value of the resource
manager. I have not found any DRDA term which can be directly used to
obtain the default value from the server. Does anybody has an idea how
this could be done?

Thanks,

Julo