db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Test Results
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 07:17:45 GMT
Hi Ramin,

Ramin Moazeni wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been running derby tests (derbyall) before I can send out
> a fix for review. In the report, I noticed that there are 13 suites skipped
> and no tests were run:

 From the files you attached it looks to me as if the results you got are as
good as we could hope for :)

The derbynetmats tests/suites are skipped because you don't have db2jcc.jar and
db2jcc_license_c.jar in your classpath. These jars are optional, for testing
with the so-called "DerbyNet" framework (using IBM's Universal JDBC driver), so
this is OK.

The jdbc40 suite is skipped in all frameworks because you are running the test
with a version of Java that does not support JDBC 4.0. If you run the tests
using Java SE 6 (JDK 6), these tests will be run as well.

This is also optional, although the more tests you run the better.

--
John