db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From V Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Blob/Clob Stored procedures with embedded and JSR169
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 08:04:16 GMT
Hi,

failures of these tests in weme6.1 were fixed as part of DERBY-2427

 >1. re *lobStoredProcedureTest.suite: why is this test using
 >TestConfiguration.defaultSuite, when it is apparently only a test for
 >client?

This test does not need to run in the embedded mode. They just need to
test the LOB related
stored procedures when working in the client/server mode. I can re-write
it to work this way if
it is resulting in problems during test runs. I just let it remain the
way it is today since it was
not resulting in any problems.

 >2. when this test does run with embedded, what does it actually do?

Whether you run in embedded or client server mode the stored procedures
related to
locator exist and are accessible and would have the same functionality.

 >3. If it can be run with embedded, shouldn't it also be possible to
 >run with JSR169?

No! Because the LODStoredProcedures.java class uses DriverManager to get
a connection.
If you run with JSR169 I guess this is not possible. This was why the
tests were disabled in
DERBY-2427.

Can you please mention what is the error you are getting? Would it be
possible for you to
give the stack trace of the exception of the failure you get? I would
think disabling the tests while
running with JSR169 which resolved 2427 would work in the case of
upgrade too.

Narayanan