db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3 release & translated docs
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 13:28:26 GMT
Rafael Vanoni wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> Hi,
>> <snip>
>> And it appears that we've not had any contributions to the Brazilian
>> Portuguese for a long time.
>>
>> I propose to not include the Portuguese documents in the 10.3 release.
>> In fact, I wonder if we should switch off the build of the Portuguese
>> docs altogether, and not include them in the 10.3 branch. Is that
>> possible? Or is it easier to branch them, but not release them?
>> <snip>
>
> Hi Myrna and everyone,
>
> I've been lurking here for about a month or so, been meaning to
> contribute with code for sometime but college's been keeping me busy.
> About the Portuguese docs, if no one else is working on that, I'd be
> glad to update them and help keep 'em in future releases.
>
> If you could just point me in the right direction, I'll get it done.

Thanks, Rafael! A great place to start is the Documentation tab of the
main Derby webpage: http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html A lot
of useful material is available in the links on the upper left side of
that page. In particular, the "DITA Source" link takes you to a cookbook
for how to update the documentation:
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

Regards,
-Rick