db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: limit # rows
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 06:59:29 GMT
Paulo Jesus wrote:
> Executing a select i get a number of lines.I pretend the firs line
> returned. No matter if sorted or not.
>
> My question come to developers because looks like that the
> functionality isn't implemented.  As the most strait implementation
> would be by SQL syntax.  Or i´m wrong?

Did you see this thread on the derby-user list?

http://www.nabble.com/how-to-query-certain-number-of-rows-in-derby-t3412357.html

Judging from the questions posted to derby-user, quite a few users want some
kind of limit feature in Derby's SQL, for instance for performance reasons.

There are a few reasons why setMaxRows() is not good enough for some
applications, some of which are mentioned in DERBY-581 (see link in above thread).

--
John