db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject it would be nice if junit tests did not drop databases when test got errors.
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 19:08:53 GMT
I don't know how many of the junit test do this, but it would
be nice if tests kept around as much information as possible
when they fail.  IT is great if they clean up everything if
they succeed, but having complete derby.log and as much of the
database as possible when the error occurred can be helpful
in debugging the problem after the fact.  This is especially
helpful if the problem is intermittent and/or environment

I am trying to debug the upgrade tests and those tests seem
to drop the database always, where I really want it to leave
the db around so I can look at it by hand.  It doesn't look
too hard to hack the junit support routines to leave the db
around while I am debugging, but would be nice if it just
left it around automatically or if there were some test
flag I could set.

View raw message