db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject New release note conventions
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 13:29:27 GMT
I haven't heard any objections to the following proposal. I'm going to
treat this as the community's lazy consensus unless I hear objections by
6:00 am San Francisco time this Friday (May 4). Please see DERBY-2570
for the motivation behind these conventions:

1) For JIRAs which need a release note, you should turn on the "Release
Note Needed" flag and attach a file called "releaseNote.html".

2) The template for releaseNote.html will live in
tools/release/templates/releaseNote.html. I have attached it to this
mail message.

3) As you improve the wording of your release note, you simply attach a
new version of releaseNote.html. The release documentation will include
the last version of the release note.

Regards,
-Rick