db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: norway specific failure in CollationTest2
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 23:01:00 GMT
>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike Matrigali wrote (2007-05-30 15:47:48):
> 
> 
> Michelle Caisse wrote:
> >For a quick response, in Norwegian, a sequence of two 'a' characters is 
> >equivalent to a single 'a'-with-a-circle-on-top character. Maybe someone 
> >who both knows more about Norwegian and character sets can confirm  later.
> >
> >-- Michelle
> Thanks, in my file what I am seeing is an 'o' with a tail on top-right
> Is that a valid norwegian character, and if so what is the
> proper unicode escape for it and where is it expected to sort with 
> regard to aa.

"å" (sometimes aka "aa") is \u00e5 in lowercase and \u00c5 in
uppercase.

See e.g. http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0080.pdf


> 
> >
> >Mike Matrigali wrote:
> >
> >>I'll try to figure out what is going on with the CollationTest2 test.
> >>I am not seeing it in my environment, and it does not seem to have
> >>shown up in any of the publically posted nightly regression tests.
> >>
> >>Can someone from Norway help, is it possible that 2 strings used in
> >>the test, are to be treated as equal in Norway?:
> >>"Wσgan" "Waagan"
> >>
> >>The first string contains an unfamilar character (to my english 
> >>environment - I am not sure my mailer will even handle it correctly) 
> >>as it's second letter, and I am wondering if I should have used a 
> >>unicode escape for the data
> >>instead.  See the data string in the runDerby2670()routine of the
> >>CollationTest2 test.
> >>
> >>Is there a chance that in norway aa is supposed to be treated
> >>as equal to the second letter in the first string listed?  If so then
> >>either order may be right, and the test is incorrectly testing for
> >>one order or the other.
> >>
> >>I tried to take the data from a donated test case and put it into
> >>the junit test.  It could be I messed something up on my side dealing
> >>with a non english character in some step of the way (file handling, 
> >>code sets, editor, ...).
> >>
> >>Rick Hillegas wrote:
> >>
> >>>Julius Stroffek wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>Hi All,
> >>>>
> >>>>When I ran junit tests now for trunk I get 17 errors and 70 failures
of
> >>>>many different kinds.
> >>>>
> >>>>My junit console output with exceptions thrown is attached. Probably
it
> >>>>is something wrong with my test environment or so, but I have no idea
> >>>>what happened. Are there any issues with upgrade tests due to a new
> >>>>release? Probably this is not the case since these tests does not fail
> >>>>in daily and tinderbox test runs.
> >>>>
> >>>>I always delete the contents of the current directory where I run tests
> >>>>(which ends using as derby.system.home). I tried to checkout the source
> >>>>again and start from a scratch but it does not helped.
> >>>>
> >>>>I run junit throught suites.All.
> >>>>  
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Hi Julo,
> >>>
> >>>I saw tons of upgrade errors in tests which I ran yesterday. Those 
> >>>errors disappeared after I synced my client to the mainline this 
> >>>morning. Now I am seeing the error which you are seeing in 
> >>>CollationTest2. Otherwise, the tests run cleanly for me.
> >>>
> >>>Regards,
> >>>-Rick
> >>>
> >
> >

-- 
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Database Technology Group, 
Staff Engineer, Technical Lead Derby/Java DB
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Mime
View raw message