db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Umakanth Srinivasan <ka...@dhyanit.com>
Subject Row level locking
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 04:40:32 GMT

Mode: Embeded
I was trying to generate sequence keys with my code, and I faced issue in
row level locking

First,
I locked my sequence keys holding table ( a table which says what is the
next key for a specific table), with the "FOR UPDATE OF <column name>"
keyword.

Second,
Then updating the table by incrementing the existing value, and getting the
updated value.

With print traces in my code I found that when a select query locks a
particular row, and then before the next update, another connection is
allowed to make a select on the query and get the same value.

Am I missing anything here.