If no objections by the end of the day, then I will go ahead and update the wiki page for the character set of the user defined functions.

thanks,
Mamta

The character set of the schema the function is defined in. That keeps it least confusing and easier for the users to understand.

Mamta

On 4/3/07, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org > wrote:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuiltInLanguageBasedOrderingDERBY-1478

> 7)For user defined functions' that return character string type, the return type's collation
> will have the same collation as current schema's character set.

The "current schema's" character set, or the character set of the schema
the function is defined in? And if it's the current schema, is it
current at function definition time, or current when used?

Dan.