db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Question about grant/revoke
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:37:12 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> It works just fine. I've tested modifying the call to
>
> generateAuthorizeCheck()
>
> so that it adds its code to execute(), rather
> than fillResultSet(), and this makes the test pass (and I haven't
> noticed any negative side effects).
>
> However, Dan wrote earlier in this thread (Tue, 03 Apr 2007 07:07:40
> -0700):
>
> "I think that the checking authorization once is the desired behaviour,
> not every execution, for performance reasons. The statements should be
> invalidated when a revoke is executed."
>
> So that's why I'm looking at this...

Checking the permissions once per execution is perhaps not ideal, but if
that's how it's currently done, I don't see any problem with moving the
check from fillResultSet() to execute() as part of DERBY-827. Although
"check once and invalidate on revoke" might give better performance, it
could just as well be addressed later in a separate JIRA issue.

--
Knut Anders