db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Requesting a review for DERBY-2462
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:08:52 GMT

"DERBY-2462 org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.BackingStoreHashTableFromScan does
not honor ResultSet holdability"

has had a patch sitting for a while. I'd appreciate if someone had
time to look at it, since I am not certain the patch is the best way
to solve the problem, cf. this quote from the issue:

> I would especially appreciate if someone familiar with this area
> of the code could take a look at this part of the patch; the
> method I use for salvaging the scan is to save the row location
> after each nextElement, and use that to reopen the scan at the
> right position after a commit. I did not find a way to check
> if the scan was closed before attempting a fetch; I just catch
> the exception and check for SQLState.AM_SCAN_NOT_POSITIONED, in
> which I reopen the scan (only under holdability). I seems a bit of a
> hack; there may be a better way.

I ran the regression tests over again last night.

Thanks,

Dag